Monday 16 September 2013

The gift that keeps on giving

Cathy Greenblat and
Princess Yasmin Aga Khan
A few days ago I had a request for information about how to place a bulk order for copies of Love, Loss, and Laughter to give as a gift to people attending a dinner. This was not the first such request and hopefully it won’t be the last! 

The most wonderful one was almost a year ago, and I realize that I never posted news about it, as I was in the midst of moving from Nice, France to Palm Springs, California.  In transit, I was able to accept Princess Yasmin Aga Khan’s offer of a ticket to the annual New York City gala to raise funds for Alzheimer’s Research.

The reason I was given the gift and the honor of sitting at one of her tables, is that a generous donor had purchased 400 copies of the book, which were placed in all the women’s gift bags that evening.  I was so touched by this person’s generosity, and wished that she could have been at the table with me. But she wanted to remain anonymous, and I had to respect that wish.

The flyer tucked inside each book (click here to view the flyer) conveyed the story to all participants in the wonderful event.  There were many other gifts in the bags, some far more expensive than the $25 for the book at retail ($12.50 each for the bulk order). But I don’t think any others were as well connected to the spirit of the event— give people a vehicle for SEEING ALZHEIMER’S DIFFERENTLY, and SEEING how to brighten the present for people living now with dementia while they continue to support research to brighten the future for those who will later be affected.

If you have an event coming up, consider this book as a gift. To order multiple copies of this book at a discount, please contact the publisher at 1-203-458-4541 or e-mail info@globepequot.com.

You will recognize that I’m wearing the same necklace in this photo of me with Princess Yasmin, and in the next set of photos that I’ll post, from the launch of the Melbourne exhibit of LLL.  I love to travel, so maybe you’ll give me an excuse to wear it again, with you!!!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment